- 600g Rice (Basmati) (Soaked.)
- 2 tsp whole Cumin.
- 1 cup Oil.
- 3-4tbsp Salt.
- 1.7 litres Boiled Hot water.
- Pour Oil in a pan and turn on high Flame.
- Once hot, put in the Cumin and let the colour darken.
- Now add the Rice, move around for about 5 minutes then pour in the boiling water.
- Once it starts boiling add in the salt and mix. When the water has half evaporated then put on low to medium flame and cover.
- After about 10 minutes, put on low Flame and move the rice around with a light touch. Cover the pot, until they are done then turn the flame off.
- Leave for 10 minutes and then it is ready to serve.
Sometimes the rice need more water or you may want to add more salt accoring to your taste. so please do check at the time.
I pair the rice with fried Fish, Steamed Chicken and lentils as well. So, here you go guy’s, you can’t get an easier recipe. (you have no idea what I go through to make cooking easy for you!!)